DG Konkin Construction is a new, young construction company with a rich background of experience and knowledge.
Owner and founder of the business is Brett Konkin. He was raised in the construction industry travelling across Western Canada from the age of 5 years old with his family and father Greg Penner. Greg was an owner and partner, with his brother Travis, of Penner Construction, which originated from their father Ed Penner. Ed was the founder of Penner & Co Western Limited in 1963 and Ed Penner Construction in 1980. Now in the 3rd generation of succession, Brett has started DG Konkin Construction.
Management & Supervision
Brett Konkin has supervised and managed many projects in construction over the years. Some notable projects:
- Brugger Wealth Management Office (2006)
- Blue Water Truck Wash (2007)
- City of Brandon South End Lift Station (2008)
- Keystone Centre Sky box Luxury Suites (2009)
- Keystone Centre Concourse roof and mechanical upgrades (2009)
- Riverdale Community Centre in Rivers, MB (2011)
- Tundra Oil and Gas Office (2012)
- Sunrise Credit Union (2014-15)
- Victoria Gateway Medical Building (2014-15)
In addition to Brett’s experience in construction, a key to his success is his education. Brett always believed in good education and staying current with the construction industry practices and standards. He became a Red Seal Journeyman Carpenter at the age of 22 and recently became a Gold Seal Certified Superintendent with the Canadian Construction Association, being one of the youngest Superintendents of this credential in Western Canada. Brett also recognized the importance of workplace safety in the industry. Over the years, Brett has attained many different safety certifications.